Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ode to Mom


How blessed we are to have you for a Mom! Words can not express how much your love means to all of us. As Abraham Lincoln once said, "All that I am, and all that I hope to be, I owe to my (angel) mother." We love you! Happy Mother's Day!


Somebody once said you can learn all you need to know about being a mom from a textbook.

That somebody never had a child stuff wheat puffs up their nose, or hold their breath and turn red.


Somebody once said that being a mom was boring.

That Somebody never rode in a 63 mustang to Peek's Motel with 5 kids and a husband.

Footnote: Vickie still has red carpet stains on her legs!


Somebody once said that the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery.

That somebody never held the hand of their child as they walked into the kindergarten classroom for the first time..... or watched as their child got in the car and drove to Texas, Seattle, or Oklahoma..... or drove to Mobile.... or watched her 'baby' get on a plane to go overseas.


Somebody said that you don't need an education to be a mom.

That somebody never sat at the kitchen table and helped their child with their homework.

footnote: Wallace says thanks!


Somebody said that having a successful professional career was more important than being a mom.

That somebody never held a sleeping baby.


Somebody said you can't love the 8th child as much as the 1st.

That somebody doesn't have 8 kids.


Somebody said a mom's job is done when the last child leaves the home.

That somebody doesn't have grandkids.


We love you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jo, thanks for the wonderful tribute, but it was a tear jerker....and to everyone else, thanks for the flowers, pictures, gifts, cards, visits and phone calls. It was good to hear from everyone. I had a nice Mother's Day. We all have so much to be thankful for. I love you all. -MOM K

Anonymous said...

Ok.... doesn't anyone like my "ode to Mom". I've waited allll week, and no one commented. well, mom did, but no one else.... what do ya'll think?

Wallace said...

hey.... i like it... sorry... just have not been in country.

mae said...

I liked it....just haven't been good about checking the blog lately, I have about 100 emails a day to answer, keeps me busy! They are my "Ward & June Cleaver"!

Anonymous said...

come on wallace..... out of the country..... you can think of something better than that.

Anonymous said...

Your emails are your "Ward & June Cleaver"? I don't get it.

Anonymous said...

ward and june cleaver are mom and dad.... guess that makes pete... the beaver!
Haha

Anonymous said...

Was his name really Beaver Cleaver?