Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ok, Heres one for the boys... ;-)

Since Wallace felt left out and wanted his own poem, I gave it a whirl last night and came up with this one for BOTH the boys ( I couldnt leave Little Petey out too ).....

Our Boys
By Vickie Shaw

Can you guess which is which by the tidbits I tell?
Knowing you can cause we know them so well

One liked to tattle and touch his tongue to his nose
While the other carried a blanket and walked on his toes

One loved to tinker and take things apart
The other loved Star Wars and a Simpson named Bart

One always had socks hanging half off his feet
One if he bled, would pass out in his seat

One’s main thing to eat was peanut butter and jelly
The other would inhale food to fill up his belly

We turned ones GI Joe’s into Barbie’s ballerina
And got in trouble for calling the other, Wallamina

How they’ve turned out ok is a mystery yet
Cause we picked and we teased every chance we could get

But all kidding aside these words up above
I hope you both know this was written with love

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh MY!!!! that is hilarious!!! I am crying I'm laughing so hard... i loved the 'walking on toes' and 'socks hanging off the feet'
i'm still laughing!
Jo-D

Anonymous said...

any objections if I add a line or two.....?
Jodie

Anonymous said...

claiming car sickness to ride in the front of the car....
Practicing multiplication facts from here to afar.....

Vickie said...

LOL of course not!! i still have some more myself ;-)

Vickie said...

for pete:
making fun of his girlfriends and listening in on the phone
but afterschool he would leave us and we'd have to find our way home....

Anonymous said...

LOL.... was it fluff?

Anonymous said...

wallace?
Pete?
any comments?
this is your moment of glory and you have nothing to say?

Vickie said...

oh i remember fluff!! lets see:
pete once had a girlfriend we called fluff
and after introductions he left in a huff
because if i seem to recall
nannie once said it all
that remember dear brother
on some things one can smother....

Jodie said...

YOu are cracking me up!

mae said...

Poor Peto! I remember Fluff! And also Jean, Jean....and who can forget lining up bugles!!!! And...wook deedee wowo!!!! Ha - those brothers, gotta love them!

Anonymous said...

I loved the "brothers" poem almost as much as the one about sisters. Now...who is going to write a poem about the poet/author?
-Jenny

Anonymous said...

Vickie,
I love the poems...both of them....you go girl....MOM K

Anonymous said...

.........and where are the brothers today?.........out in the pawpaw patch?

Vickie said...

wallace once was out playing at home
when on the rocks he fell breaking his bone
for weeks wore his cast
until he had freedom at last
but not a lesson did he learn
because again he took a turn
and against his mothers advice
he now broke it twice!!

Wallace said...

Ok..... I am here! Sorry... but I have been reading books to kids all day at the library.

I love the poem! It was worth the wait!

Wallace said...

Vic - you have a real talent... but you forgot to say something about how good looking we both are....

Jodie said...

please take note; While begging for a comment on his good looks... he has his face fixed!
JOdie

Wallace said...

I don't know that it was "begging"

Vickie said...

Hmm ok let me see, good looking...hows this?
Our brothers are good looking with personalities plus
Good natured and giving to each one of us

With exceptional traits that I know you'll agree
How lucky they are to have gotten them from me!!

Touche´ Wallamina!! ;-)

Wallace said...

I'm sure that dad would be the one to claim my good looks..... ha...

Wallace said...

I don't need ANYONE to remind me... but I really don't remember this whole "Wallamina" thing.

Vickie said...

You were too little to remember I guess....

Wallace said...

Thankfully it didn't leave too much of a scar... Thanks for protecting me mom!

Wallace said...

Hey... I did get car sick... it was just sick of being in the back seat!

Wallace said...

I think that I am going to call it a night. I love you guys. Vic... this was awesome!

Anyone know where Pete is?