Monday, June 8, 2009

Sink or Swim




The girls are taking swim lessons this summer. They quickly learned that the teaching style was..."sink or swim". I've been told (by reliable sources...a four year old): If you don't want to dive off the board, you will get "helped" in. Parents don't watch the swim lessons, so at first I was unsure what was accurate/inaccurate information.

Well, parents were allowed to watch a demonstration last Thursday (day 4), so I was able to snap a few pics. To my surprise, all the kids in the class (ages 2-9) were able to jump off the board and swim. It was pretty amazing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls are doing great! I can't believe that MeMe is jumping off the diving board and AK is swimming the length of the pool.

Anonymous said...

By the way, Wallace...These pics were not scanned. I downloaded a full card (500 + pics) onto my computer today. I now have enough images that I will be able to update the blog every day for the next year or so.

Thanks, Vic...for your help!

Wallace said...

ha! great! thanks vic!

Wallace said...

man... i would love to go swimming in a pool right about now....

Bickie - have you been in your pool yet?

Vickie said...

Oh Yeah! i swim every night!! It is still a little chilly from the rain last week but its getting there!..was MeMe being "helped" in on the first picture? :-)
I need to take some pictures of all the work David had done out there, you wont believe it.

Anonymous said...

Vickie,
MeMe was "helped" in. Take some pics and post them. I would love to see your backyard. Maybe I should just drive over there a swim/see for myself.

Vickie said...

anytime girl anytime

Anonymous said...

it is very pretty!.... very tropical.... I think i need some fruit salad...
Jodie