Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Daddy-isms
OK. Here's one for the books. This morning I woke up extra early to go get gas (the car was on EMPTY), and I had to run to the grocery store. When I left, I left Bill with instructions about fixing Laura Beth's lunch. I even told here where I would put the little tupperware container on the bar for her strawberries. I told him to give her a pop tart and not a sandwich. Can you see I was very detailed in how to fix her lunch? OK. So I come flying in the door at 7:27, expecting to see her waiting for me ready to go to school. I can't find her anywhere downstairs. My heart is racing. Bill is in the shower. Where do you think I find Bess? Still in the bed..... sound asleep. When I ask Bill with panic in my voice and tears in my eyes, his response was, "I fixed her lunch." Two things I've learned: I must be very specific, and not assume anything. (yes, I thought he would know to wake up the child for school) AND He does listen and follow my every command. We made it to school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well...I think they all fall in that category, you have to be exact with them! At least he cooks, vacuums, does laundry, etc., Mike Childree would have to get out of his "man" chair to to do those things! (actually, he wouldn't know how to do any of those things!) He even called me once, during an exercise class, to ask me to come home, because THE BABY WAS CRYING! I had been gone all of 20 minutes! But then...I don't know how to do tax returns, so I guess we're even!!!
Tax returns vs. Daily Survival. I think you win on that one!
Jodie
Fair play to Bill.... he did do what you asked.... I don't think you can blame him!
Don't worry Bill.... I've got your back!
way to go bill!
Post a Comment