Ok girls, I had a moment this morning while i was getting ready to go work. Some will sympathize, others will not yet have a clue. But you will the older you get.... :-) I was trying to put my makeup on when i felt a stabbing between my eyebrows and realized that i had a white eyebrow hair. (Yes they turn gray too) Now when you get older and have your contacts in, you CANT see up close with out readers and if you have your readers on, they cover up where you need to pluck!! To make a long story short, it angered me and i wrote this poem on my way to work just to show some of you what you will have to look forward to when you turn 26....Let me know what you think :-)
Parody of Old
By Vickie
Where did they come from these wrinkles and spots?
Not to mention the whiskers that now grow a lot
Those white eyebrow hairs are the worst of their kind
Sticking up just like daggers that you can’t pluck when you’re blind
You will find even with contacts up close you can’t read
Don’t try and fight it because now its readers you need
You should keep two in your purse and a pair by your bed
Because often you will lose them on top of your head
Every time you look in the mirror you will find more hair that’s gray
They will stand up and wave after shampooing each day
Don’t believe the old adage that pulling one, two will grow in its place
You will find its not on your head, they show up on your face
Chins that have doubled along with our waist in its size
Your bottom will slide down to rest on your thighs
Hot flashes will happen and you will break out in a sweat
The ones in the night will leave your sheets soaking wet
Gone are the bras made of satin and lace
Industrial Cross Your Hearts now take their place
The wide straps are needed the older one grows
For raising the tata’s that now look down at our toes
Pretty panties we wore joined with strings on the side
Now we wear cotton and make sure they don’t ride
No more of the days of wearing tops without sleeves
Cause your arms have formed wings that will wave in the breeze
The older you get your bladder will drop to your knees
Quickly you learn to cross your legs when you sneeze
Not to mention how often you will get up in the night
Just to relieve your new urinary plight
Some find a way to age with style and with grace
Others will give in and let age set the pace
But with each passing day all joking aside
Much better than the alternative, so go along with the ride
By Vickie
Where did they come from these wrinkles and spots?
Not to mention the whiskers that now grow a lot
Those white eyebrow hairs are the worst of their kind
Sticking up just like daggers that you can’t pluck when you’re blind
You will find even with contacts up close you can’t read
Don’t try and fight it because now its readers you need
You should keep two in your purse and a pair by your bed
Because often you will lose them on top of your head
Every time you look in the mirror you will find more hair that’s gray
They will stand up and wave after shampooing each day
Don’t believe the old adage that pulling one, two will grow in its place
You will find its not on your head, they show up on your face
Chins that have doubled along with our waist in its size
Your bottom will slide down to rest on your thighs
Hot flashes will happen and you will break out in a sweat
The ones in the night will leave your sheets soaking wet
Gone are the bras made of satin and lace
Industrial Cross Your Hearts now take their place
The wide straps are needed the older one grows
For raising the tata’s that now look down at our toes
Pretty panties we wore joined with strings on the side
Now we wear cotton and make sure they don’t ride
No more of the days of wearing tops without sleeves
Cause your arms have formed wings that will wave in the breeze
The older you get your bladder will drop to your knees
Quickly you learn to cross your legs when you sneeze
Not to mention how often you will get up in the night
Just to relieve your new urinary plight
Some find a way to age with style and with grace
Others will give in and let age set the pace
But with each passing day all joking aside
Much better than the alternative, so go along with the ride
12 comments:
Vic...You're scaring me!
Get ready Jen - honey it just gets worse. I held off until I turned 50, and I swear, April 6, 2007, I aged overnight!!!!!
Get ready Jen - honey it just gets worse. I held off until I turned 50, and I swear, April 6, 2007, I aged overnight!!!!!
See what I mean, senile...sending things twice!!!
Vickie, I couldn't agree with you more. And I couldn't have said it better. You go girl.
Jen, Im just telling the truth girl!! And like Mae said it happens overnight..one day when you least expect it...
W - go back and read an entry in Trick/Treat, (from me:)
Mae, I'm glad that you noticed the comment that you posted twice...before "anonymous" jumped in and attacked you like he/she did the other day. That was ugly!
And girls (Vic and Mae)...
Thanks for all the warnings...about overnight aging...If I have nightmares tonight, I'll know who to blame. Thanks!
Wow.... Well written.... but WAY TOO MUCH INFO!!!!
and the bit about learning to cross your legs when you sneeze...... oh my! I didn't need to know that!
Mae... what is my little boy voice? and did i find my socks?
W - I don't know if we found the socks! But, in my dream you were about 6, and it was your voice then. Wierd how the mind really doesn't forget things, huh?????
(you did use to drive me crazy dragging your socks on the floor! HA!!!
Post a Comment