Sunday, June 15, 2008

And the WINNER IS.......


The unofficial results are in and the winner is Mae! However, there is a small problem. Due to unfair playing conditions, it is being appealed to the elders that reside on Hemlock Dr. Apparently, the accused decided that calling the elders one minute after midnight was the only way to win. The plaintiffs in this case are arguing that this was 'dirty playing' and therefore, the defendant should be disqualified. The elders will give their final ruling sometime in the near future. But remember all....THIS IS NOT THE OLYMPICS! (It's only for a dollar! The real trophy is coming soon!)

29 comments:

Wallace said...

wow... that is a hard call... she did technically call on father's day... but I have done that before and it did not count.......

Vickie said...

LOL oh she won fair and square!!! Its dads fault for making this competition. :-) i think its hilarious!!! Mae, YOU GO GIRL!!

Anonymous said...

I did win fair and square (keep in mind, my dear sweet husband was at my side, egging me on!! Where do you suppose I learned to be so fiercly competitive - huh DAD???? It's not the Olympics? Oh please!! Beware - no dollar - possible phone calls to come........love you Dad! mae

Anonymous said...

Wow! There seems to be alot of controversy surrounding the Father's Day competition. I think that I'll have to side with Mae. What she did was very clever...and brave! You know that waking Dad up in the middle of the night is a real "no no"!

Mae, you're awesome! Let your competitive spirit shine!

Anonymous said...

To All Competitors:
Thank you all for the gifts and Father's Day wishes. The GRAND PRIZE this year goes to Jerry by default. One person called after midnight, but after looking at the caller I.D., the time was 11:59 PM.

I am making some changes in the rules for the future. Anyone who calls before 7:00 AM central daylight time in the USA will receive a call from me two hours earlier the following two days. That person will also be disqualified. I think MOST people will understand why this must be implemented. Sorry Mary Anna. After all, it's not the Olympics.
-DaD

mae said...

:( ALL I CAN SAY IS...GAME ON!!!!! (by the way...this contest is under protest!)

Anonymous said...

At least I had good intentions! Of course Nannie used to say, "the pathway to hell is paved with good intentions"! I should have heeded her advice....
mae

Vickie said...

All i can say is...random calls.....

Anonymous said...

Mae,
I guess Dad didn't feel alot of Father's "Daylove"...at 11:59 p.m.

Anonymous said...

yea jerry!

Vickie said...

Jenny so true... I'm thinking it all goes back to the Daylove too...

Anonymous said...

My CPA husband was right by my side, with clock in hand - I"m here to tell all - IT WAS NOT 11:59!!!! IT WAS 12:00 MIDNIGHT!!! AGAIN - GAME UNDER PROTEST!! Hey anonymous - I'm going to remember you were for Jerry!!!! :(
mae

Anonymous said...

Mae,
Are you sure that Mike had a part in all ot this? I'm on your side, but I'm having a hard time visualizing Mike egging you on. Now his "level-headedness" may be called into question.

Wallace said...

If you ask me... you can't argue with the caller ID

mae said...

Jen - the key word here is CPA!!! Of couse he was egging me on, he wanted to split the winnings, .50!
W - I stand by....I called at 12:00!!!!! Caller i.d., or not..... Oh well, there is always next year. Kudos to Jerry...even though he/she will never read this!
Jen - got the Grayton stuff! Grayton beach or bust!!!!!
By the way all, I am allocated only a certain time each day to "view this site", I'm out of time.....

Anonymous said...

Mary Anna, You've mentioned your CPA several times. Have you heard the joke about CPAs?

There are three types of CPAs: those who can count and those who can't!

Jodie said...

ALL, I think I've solved the mystery of anonymous.. 'Anonymous' seems to be a joke teller. We all know that dad claims the title of Joke Telling in the family. Just remember the Talent Show of 06.
JODIE
(For those of of little brain... Anonymous is Dad)

Vickie said...

IF anonymous IS dad..then hes got granny typing for him!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think any of us have "of those of little brains!"

Anonymous said...

Anonymous,
I'm not so sure about that...there are a few Bama fans in the family!

Anonymous said...

Jen - them is fightin words!!! From a BAMA FAN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Two cannibals are eating a clown and one cannibal says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

I'll be here all week!!!

Anonymous said...

Gross!

Vickie said...

WHOOOOAAAAAA!! Jenny had to go and throw in the Bama comment now didnt she....tsk tsk tsk...Lets get this party started!

mae said...

Not funny! I agree with Jenny, this is very very gross!!! This joke did not come from Dad!

mae said...

Can we do something about anonymous Vickie - it could be someone outside....

Vickie said...

Ill fix it!

Wallace said...

you guys have been busy!

Wallace said...

hey guys. go to http://ohiofishingsource.com/ and see Jake's picture on the picture of the week.