Monday, July 28, 2008

Wallace & Jack 2 / Dad 0

I got to join a very cool club last night.... The "I caught a catfish at the dam" club! That makes me and Jack 2 and Paw Paw 0!

After I caught it I joked about how I had outfished dad just like Jack had done... Dad looked at me out of the corner of his eye and with a smile said, "We are not finished yet!".

In the end we each caught 10 fish... but there was only one giant catfish!

Check out the pictures!













Here is the bad news......... The catfish broke the cane pole! Doh! It snapped right in the middle! At least it broke on a big fish!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...What a catch! I love the picture of Dad and his tiny little fish. He is trying so hard! Maybe someday he'll be able to join the "Catfish Club"!

Anonymous said...

This takes me back...I remember fishing at the dam as a child, I also remember, I wasn't very good at it, I was never in the club!
mae

Vickie said...

Wow great pics! i used to love to play on the rocks at the dam!

Anonymous said...

Wallace,
Congratulations! Great catfish! Next time you go fishing, you need to bring a stronger pole.
Jack

Anonymous said...

....and the winner is......
Dad 10 - Wallace 7
I don't know how they count fish in Ireland, but here in the U.S. we count only the ones that you land, not the ones that fall off the hook and back into the water.
In my opinion, the official count is Dad 10, Wallace 7.
Also, he broke his pole and then took mine. How can I catch fish below the dam without a cane pole?
Comment posted by DAD.........

Anonymous said...

Dad,
I'm on your side. I think Wallace's fishing strategy is totally unfair...so is his counting method!

Anonymous said...

Be careful W - anytime Dad starts a sentence with "and the winner is", the outcome is not always good....I should know...
mae

Wallace said...

ok.... for the record... the one fish he is talking about was counted (by dad) and commented on (because of its large size) before I let him off the hook.

Anonymous said...

I like "dad's fish"

Wallace said...

Well.... whatever the final count ( 10) I had a great time! Sign me up to go fishing again in Aug!