Thursday, March 12, 2009

What Is That?


The other day Jack went into the kitchen to throw away some trash. I wish that you could have heard the scream that came out of my precious, preteen's mouth when he saw "this" laying on top of all the garbage in the trash can. At first he was startled...and then a little confused because he was not sure what it was that was hiding inside the trash can. I quickly took a picture so that I could post it on the blog. Can you tell what frightened Jack?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is really scary to me is...the fact that he had no idea what it was.

Anonymous said...

sarah thinks its lint!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Sarah, you're right. A big ball of lint. You know this because I'm sure you've done a few hundred loads of laundry in your lifetime.

Jack, on the other hand, did not know that the dryer produces lint that has to be thrown away. That poor child...someday he'll join the real world!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sarah.... who would have guessed... Jenny must be right, it's all the laundry your mom had you doing when you were younger. Wonder if your pop would know what lint is?

Anonymous said...

I don't know how SARAH knew what lint was....and no Pop does not have any idea!!! Good job Jack!
mae

Wallace said...

Jack - Don't worry... you won't have to deal with lint until you go off to college! I know that i didn't!

Wallace said...

Oh.... and fyi - if it was not for Vickie giving me a laundry basket with directions taped to the bottom - I would have been lost!

Anonymous said...

I knew it was lint. I do my own laundry every day. -Dad

Wallace said...

Whose dad said that? LOL

Anonymous said...

The Childree DAD didn't say that....He has never done his own laundry...not since he hired me! And...I doubt OUR Dad said it, 'cause I doubt he has ever done laundry on Hemlock Drive!

Wallace said...

Was it david? or Don?

Anonymous said...

You know it was Dad. And his idea of 'doing laundry' consists of telling mom that he is out of black socks in his sock drawer.

Vickie said...

LOL too funny!!! I had forgotten about the laundry basket for Wallace and know that wasnt David, but he does know what lint is... Id like to see Dad do laundry

Wallace said...

I just want everyone to know - for the record - I did ALL of the laundry for the first three years that we were married... and I only stopped doing Dee's when she complained once too many. I still do ALL of my laundry... all the sheets... and towels...

;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know whose Dad does the laundry at which house, but on Hemlock Mtn. Emma does the laundry.(and we all know who Emma is, don't we?) - MOM K

Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny...Emma does it all on Baton Rouge Drive...that Emma - gotta love her!!!

Anonymous said...

For the record, I want to thank Emma for taking Brooke to Mom and Me Gymnastics today. Maybe it should be called Nannie and Me Gymnastics. Emma sure does wear a lot of hats!.... (and she had on clean white socks at the Gym today thanks to dad!) .... hahaha

Jo-D

Anonymous said...

W - Emma raised you right!!! Doing all the laundry all those years!!!! I'm impressed...is it too late for Emma to train Jerry????

Anonymous said...

in my defense...he shrunk some of my favorite clothes and pinked a load

Anonymous said...

Deedra, I'm on your side!

No one deserves to have their clothes shrunk or pinked.

Anonymous said...

Those "directions" that Vickie taped to the bottom of Wallace's laundry basket must have been incomplete or inaccurate!

Wallace said...

Jen - I agree with you "No one deserves to have their clothes shrunk or pinked".... that is why she now has to do it for herself... ;)