Friday, February 9, 2007

So young and carefree....



I've posted this picture today in celebration of Granny commenting on our blog site!! Yeah Granny!!! Again I must make note that I am smiling angelically again and already had some kicking fashion sense with the purse slung across my body....but check out how young Granny was and look at Bubby and Mr. Wiggles!!!
I loved living on Hester Lane but I must say one thing that comes to mind when i look at this picture....BAGWORMS!!
Come on guys look at the bush behind us and remember all the days we stood outside and pulled bagworms off of those bushes and smushed them!!! No one at my work knows what bagworms are and I've never heard of them since....we did it so often we had to be bagworm professionals!! But the question of the day is, did our family single handedly wipe them out??? Are they now extinct???
And why didnt Jenny, Jodie and Wallace get to experience such things??? Well after careful research I have actually found a picture of one. Just looking at it makes me shudder!!




8 comments:

Wallace said...

Oh..... yes.... we know all about them. We had them on that big old bush by the driveway! I can still see mom step on one end of them... and green mush come out the other end.... yuck! I don't think that I ever actually did it....

Wallace said...

Where did you get the pic of the worm? In your research - did you learn anything that you want to share with all of us?

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute. I had forgotten about those yucky bagworms. Maybe we did eliminate them.........good thought. Did enjoy the picture. It was nice to be YOUNG. HA!!!-MOMK

Anonymous said...

i've never heard or seen the worms you are talking about. I think you just dreamed the whole thing up
Jo

Wallace said...

No! I remember them! Mom... didn't we have these on hemlock?

Vickie said...

Oh yes they are real i personally smushed a ton of them!!

Wallace said...

Mom - Won't you tell them that we had them on hemlock.... I'm not just crazy? am i?

Lisa said...

You weren't the only ones that got to experience the bagworm era....Growing up in Guntersville, I too got to squish those gnarly creatures.I only remember seeing them on the cedar trees.Your childhood isnt complete unless you have had this experience.
Lisa