Sunday, January 17, 2010

Aunt Pearl


Tonight the girls and I were talking about our 2008 Grayton Beach trip. We were remembering how we saw so many jellyfish. MeMe said, "I saw alot of seaweed when Aunt Pearl took me out in the water." AK and I laughed and I said, "We don't have an Aunt Pearl in our family." Mallory started to describe a "girl" that wore a white shirt and hat at the beach. AK and I guessed, "Aunt Pris?"


"Yeah, I mean...Aunt Pris!"

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have laughed and laughed at "Aunt Pearl"!!!! TOOOOOOOOOOOOFunny!!!!
Aunt Mae

Anonymous said...

Aunt Pearl.... I hope she makes an appearance 2010. Maybe she'll bring 'Jerry'!

Anonymous said...

I think Aunt Pearl and Jerry would make a great team!

Wallace said...

LOL... that is funny! it kinda makes me wonder what else the girls thought was fun about 2008...

Wallace said...

Speaking of Aunts.... I had some of the best lemon pound cake yesterday... it made me think of and miss Aunt E.

Anonymous said...

What about Aunt E's, Lane cake with Rum icing....Vickie and I remember Mamaw enjoying the icing a little too much....

Anonymous said...

What about Aunt E's banana bread? I remember Vickie getting trapped in the kitchen for hours with Aunt E...baking, baking, baking...one Christmas.

Jodie and I just had to peel and mash bananas and then we were done.

Vickie, do you remember that?

Anonymous said...

I think vickie was about to strangle both Aunt E and Mamaw that Christmas!
mae

Vickie said...

oh me..i will never forget that Christmas..and i still wonder how it was me that got stuck in there with aunt E..I love the Aunt Pearl!!! i think we should start calling her that :-)

Vickie said...

Remember Mamaw eating that icing with a spoon? LOL it had lots of bourbon in it heehee

Wallace said...

I could really go for some banana bread...

Wallace said...

oh.... i really could go for some chocolate and biscuits! Mom - put that on the list for March!

Vickie said...

LOL i dont think ive made or eaten banana bread since that fateful Christmas!!..ooh chocolate and biscuits sound good!!
Wallace, is there anything else you want on the list?

Wallace said...

well... just an idea... would you guys all want to go out bowling or something on that Friday night?

Anonymous said...

I'm terrible at bowling - but love it! That would be fun.....hope I"m not inviting myself...
mae

Anonymous said...

how about wii bowling?

Vickie said...

The more the merrier!! i thing it would be big fun for all of us to go!! mae you can come stay with me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Vickie - I'll try to drag Sherry with me, hey....I belive Mama wasn't just licking the icing, she was inhaling it!

Anonymous said...

I meant to say MAMAW

Wallace said...

aunt pearl.... that is still funny!

pris said...

Aunt Pearl heard somewhere that, "A rose by any other name is still a rose..." That said, I will answer to Aunt Pris or Aunt Pearl and wear either name with a great deal of pride and dignity (the same as always!). Thanks, MeMe!
P.S. I have already declined Jerry's very substantial offer.

XXXXXXXOOOOOOO