Saturday, March 6, 2010

Live from the Oscars!

So.... I was in Hollywood today! The place was crazy with preparations for the Oscars tomorrow night! BUT... I did get a piece of THE Red Carpet!!!

I was collecting some dirt from the base of a palm tree (for my dirt collection - of course)... one of the workers saw me and came over to see what I was doing. He then asked if I would like a piece of the red carpet and handed me a section through the fence. How crazy is that??? I think that it is the perfect Hollywood souvenir!


14 comments:

Wallace said...

is that fun or what?

Dad W said...

Well, son, that is FUN.

MOM K said...

Glad to hear the explanation of how you obtained the RED CARPET. We were hoping they weren't looking for you to put you in the pokey. Great souvenir! Stop this foolishness and COME HOME!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! But even better would be a pic of Michael Landon's handprint! Will you look for that for me?

Anonymous said...

Question: did this man on the other side of the fence speak English? And what was on the other side of the fence?

Vickie said...

Lol! Now if you wanted a piece of carpet, you know dad probably has tons of old pieces you could gave without going to California!

Anonymous said...

What a great post!

I love the idea of someone smuggling a piece of the red carpet to you from under a fence. Do you have a picture of that?

Anonymous said...

I'm still wondering what was on the "other side of the fence".....

Wallace said...

the red carpet and a million tv cameras were on the other side of the fence!

Mom - I'm on my way! I leave here at 8am!

Anonymous said...

Wallace,
Jack was real impressed with your carpet scrap. BTW...it doesn't take much to impress a preteen.

Wallace said...

Ok... I am headed to the airport! I'll see you all soon!

I do that daylove'n!

MOM K said...

Prayers are coming your way for a safe journey home. We love ya!

Anonymous said...

daylove'n

Love it!

Wallace said...

ok... I'm ready to see some beach pics!!! Come on Jen!!!!